This post card view of the DeVivi restaurant and Jefferson Motel dates from sometime before 1970. The phone number on the back of the card does not list the 672 exchange. Two numbers are listed: 3191 and 9113. The house at the far right, owned by Al DeVivi, was replaced by a newer motel structure which opened in 1966.
The antenna near the center of the picture appears to be a television antenna.
Site readers have identified the automobiles as: blue car in far left, 1961 or 62 Pontiac or Olds...the station wagon appears to be a 1955 or 1956 Ford...white compact center right is about a 1960-62 Plymouth Valiant...the one on the far right is probably a early 1950s Chevy.
The post card was published by John D. Gitchell and J.S. Showalter, Harrisonburg Va. The card was made by Dexter Press in West Nyack, New York.
contributed by Lynne Vogt